- Potentially lower cost space
- Sometimes furniture systems, business equipment, phone systems available at greatly discounted price
- Speed of process – possible to move in literally as fast as paperwork is completed
- Lease already negotiated (sublease terms need not be addressed). If done by credit tenants or in softer market, may provide advantageous terms and conditions to subtenant
- Possible great parking and signage rights
- Potentially less up-front financial requirements from a sublessor versus an institutional Landlord
- Lease terms inflexible, what you see is usually what you get
- Options usually not transferable
- Three parties involved, the Sublessor, Sublessee, and the Landlord. Allow time for this
- If profit goes to Sublessor, lessor might be resentful
- As-is configuration, no or limited TI’s are the norm
- Short-term sublease might result in huge sticker-shock when when it time to get a new direct lease
2017 OFFICE SPACE LEASING RESOURCE FOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA TENANTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The information furnished has been obtained from sources we deem reliable and is submitted subject to errors, omissions, and changes.
Although Officetimes.com has no reason to doubt its accuracy, we do not guarantee it.
All information should be verified by the recipient and you enter this site at your own risk and liability.